As a CAD specialist you need to develop standard mechanical engineering drawings such that it can be easily interpreted by the mechanical engineer. Before you start working on mechanical drawings, you must know how to use common mechanical symbols correctly. You have to take special care while relating various mechanical components design drawings to the overall plan of the assembly.
The most important types of CAD mechanical drawings associated with the design process are:
1. General Arrangement drawings
2. Detail drawings
3. Fabrication drawings
4. Assembly drawings
General Arrangement Drawings:
This kind of engineering drawing provides complete information required to generate layout, transportation and installation drawings for the mechanical component. It also includes a list of arrangement drawings which contains all the dimensions, equipment weight, installation details & service delivery details.
All individual members of mechanical equipment need to be depicted in detail to make sure that they are fabricated in accordance with the design requirements, standards and codes. These drawings contain surface texture, geometry, material, size & geometric tolerances etc. The detail drawing also contains all the necessary information required for procurement, manufacturing and regulatory compliance.
Fabrication drawings are virtual assembly drawing which includes a list of parts and materials used to for fabrication. The fabrication drawing sometimes also includes referenced documents for heat treatment and stress relieving requirements, geometric tolerances and final machining details.
Assembly drawings contains drawings of discrete sub-systems, assembly details of how the components, gearbox drawings, roller drawings and guard system drawings. It will include parts list identifying all of the member details with materials, quantities and supply details.
- Understanding 3D Printing: A Comprehensive Guide to Its Methods, Materials, and Technologies
- How to Choose the Right Solar Panel for Your Home
- Chain Drive | Introduction | Definition | Types | Application | How To Properly Tension Chain Drive | Chain Drive vs Belt Drive
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc Brakes
- Automobile Air Suspension System, 3 Basic Components, and Working
- Hydraulic Brake System Of An Automobile | Components, Construction, And Working Of Hydraulic Braking System