Mechanical engineering is the mother of all engineering disciplines. Mass, motion, force, energy, design, and manufacturing – these comprises the world of mechanical engineering. It encompasses the research, design, development, construction and testing of tools, machines and other mechanical equipment. Education from a proper well recognized university, college or school of engineering is vital for all the mechanical engineers due to the highly technical nature of mechanical engineering. According to the ranking of mechanical engineering universities, the top 10 best universities or colleges for mechanical engineering are MIT, Stanford university, UC Berkeley, University of Cambridge, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Imperial College London, University of Tokyo, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), University of Oxford and National University of Singapore (NUS).
1) MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology):
Meche, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is perhaps the most renowned and the top best Mechanical Engineering University in the world, and is well known for its cutting edge ideas and philosophies on engineering education. When we talk about mechanical engineering then MIT is the best institute for it. Their mechanical engineering department offers three different undergraduate programs, all with specific occupational trajectories in mind and eight different graduate programs, including doctorate of science. MechE attracts and features an extraordinarily rich diversity and quantity of talented individuals, including 400 undergraduates, 500 graduate students and about 75 faculty members.
2) Stanford University:
California’s Stanford University is another high ranked among top 10 best mechanical engineering university in the world. Mechanical engineering at Stanford University is best known all over the world for its entrepreneurially oriented engineering achievements. Department of mechanical engineering at Stanford university offers degrees at bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate levels.
3) University of California, Berkeley (UCB) (UC Berkeley):
According to many repor ts and world rankings, UC Berkeley is another top mechanical engineering school in the world. UCB offers undergraduate as well as graduate programs in the field, with specializations and more focuses in ocean engineering, mechatronics, energy and environment, manufacturing, bioengineering, computation and MEMS and NANO.
4) University of Cambridge:
University of Cambridge is one of the best mechanical engineering institutes in the world. The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest universities in the world and one of the largest in the United Kingdom. Its reputation for outstanding academic achievement is known world-wide and reflects the intellectual achievement of its students, as well as the world-class original research carried out by the staff of the University and the Colleges. They aim at providing young mechanical engineers with all the analytical, design and computing skills that underpin modern engineering practice, while encouraging the creativity and problem-solving skills that are so important to a good mechanical engineer.
5) California Institute of Technology (Caltech):
California Institute of Technology (caltech) is well known best mechanical engineering university. Mechanical Engineering at Caltech has a century-long record of excellence. It brings together three simple elements: exceptionally talented individuals; an emphasis on fundamentals principles of thermal sciences, fluid and solid mechanics, and mechanical systems; and an atmosphere that inspires one to address the critical technological challenges of the day. their particular interests evolve with time, but their core mission of training the leaders of tomorrow and conducting fundamental research to address major technological roadblocks remains constant. Today, you will find students and faculty working on nano structured fuel cells, laboratory earthquakes, active ferroelectric materials and devices, neural prosthetics, debris flows, response of structures against accidental explosion, quantum mechanical origins of the strength of materials and genetic algorithms for design.
6) Imperial College London:
Another best college for mechanical engineering in the world is Imperial College London. It remains in the list of top ten mechanical engineering colleges of the world since many years. The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College London is one of the largest and most advanced departments in mechanical engineering in the UK and across the world. They were the top-rated Department of Mechanical Engineering in the recent Research Assessment Exercise 2008, held by the UK Government. The overall mission of the Department is to deliver world-class scholarship, education and research in Mechanical Engineering, with particular regard to their application in industry, healthcare and commerce. Imperial college offers mechanical degrees at undergraduate, graduate and doctorate levels.
7) University of Tokyo:
University of Tokyo has a long history of providing best mechanical engineering degrees hence producing highly outstanding and technical mechanical engineers in the world. University of Tokyo offers mechanical engineering degrees at undergraduate as well as graduate level.
8) Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology):
Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) has one of the best Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering. They offer best engineering degrees well recognized all over the world. The Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering educates students for excellence and leadership in science and industry through cutting edge research on an international platform to face the challenges of the Swiss and global society and economy by engineering innovation in its technology fields. Their vision is to Reach and maintain excellence and leadership in fulfilling its mission as recognized (e.g. among the top five departments worldwide) by students, industry, peers and the board of ETH Zurich.
9) University of Oxford:
Oxford is the oldest university in the English-speaking world and lays claim to nine centuries of continuous existence. As an internationally renowned centre for teaching and research, Oxford attracts students and scholars from across the globe, with almost a quarter of our students from overseas. More than 130 nationalities are represented among a student population of over 18,000. University of oxford produces world’s best mechanical engineers who are well appreciated and well recognized in all of the industries worldwide. So University of oxford is one of the best mechanical engineering university in the world.
10) National University of Singapore (NUS):
Acknowledged as one of the finest universities in the world, National University of Singapore (NUS) is a comprehensive university offering a broad-based curriculum underscored by multi-disciplinary courses and cross-faculty enrichment. Department of mechanical engineering at National University of Singapore is known to be one of the best in the world. It remains in top ten best mechanical engineering colleges of the world since a long time. Besides undergraduate, a graduate and doctorate degree, NUS also offers mechanical engineering internships for mechanical engineers during summer vacations. These are research based internships for national as well as international students.
- What Is NVH | NVH Noise | NVH Vibration | NVH Harshness | Noise And Vibration Theory | NVH BasicsNoise: Noise is defined as any unpleasant or unexpected sound created by a vibrating object. Vibration: Vibration is defined as any objectionable repetitive motion of an object, back-and-forth or up-and-down. Harshness: Harshness is defined as an aggressive suspension feel or lack of “give” in response to a single input. Noise and Vibration Theory: A vibrating […]
- Biodiesel | Transesterification Reaction | Biodiesel Materials | Biodiesel Feedstock’s | Biodiesel BlendsBiodiesel is a fuel made from vegetable oils and alcohols (Methanol / Ethanol / ISO-Propanol) utilizing a chemical process called Transesterification.
- Jib Crane Rotation | Jib Crane Movement | Jib Crane Motion | Jib Crane Electric WinchJib crane have the following motions: 1. Hoisting motion 2. Derricking or luffing motion 3. Slewing motion 4. Long travel motion
- Jib Crane | Jib Crane Tutorial | Jib Crane Overview | Jib Crane Applications | Jib Crane TypesJib crane consists of an inclined member supported by a rope or any other type of structural member attached to a vertical mast or frame. Load is usually suspended from the outer end of this inclined mast. The outreach of the jib may be fixed or variable. The cranes as a whole may be either […]
- Trolley Crane Design | Trolley For Material Handling | Trolley MechanismThe lifting crab of a EOT crane is an independent two motion machine and consists of the hoist machinery built on to a frame, which is mounted on runner wheels, and driven by a motor through suitable gearing. The crab is also known as trolley. Various designs of crabs, arranged with C.I. side frames, mild […]