Finishing Operations In Manufacturing|Powder Metallurgy Applications
Finishing Operations In Manufacturing
Repressing the sintered component in a die to meet required tolerances.
Repressing the sintered component in a die to increase the density and to give additional strength.
Filling the pores of sintered product with molten metal to improve the physical properties.
Filling of Oil, Grease or other Lubricants in a Sintered components such as Porous Heating
Removing excess material by using cutting tool to imparts specific features such as Threads, Grooves, Undercuts etc, which are not practicable in powder metallurgy process.
Process of Heating & Cooling at a desired rate to improve Grain Structure, Strength & Hardness.
Used for obtaining Resistance to Corrosion or better appearance.
Powder metallurgy is used in the following industries:
Automotive (Brake pads, Gear parts, Connecting rods, Planetary carriers, Sintered Engine Bearings);
Aerospace (Light weight Aluminum base structural materials, High temperature Composite materials);
- Cutting tools (Hard metals, Diamond containing materials);
- Medicine (Dental implants, Surgical instruments);
- Abrasives (Grinding and Polishing wheels and Discs);
Electrical, Electronic and Computer parts (Permanent magnets, Electrical contacts).
- Dyson Electric Car | Solid-State Lithium Ion Battery | Dyson Digital Hyperdymium motorThe key developments of Dyson Electric cars are their batteries and its digital Hyperdymium brushless motors. Such techs are described in depth in the following articles.
- Dyson Sakti3 | Dyson Solid State Battery | Dyson Electric Car BatteryDyson Sakti3 Solid State Li-ion Battery | The code nicknamed “N526” had a reported driving range of approximately 965 km on a single charge utilizing Dysons patented solid-state battery technology.
- Solid State Battery | Solid State Electrolyte | Thin Film BatteriesSolid state battery You should definitely have a lithium-ion battery in your phone or camera that is compact,
- Dyson Car Patent | Dyson EV PatentDyson Car Patent “All done, see you! Internal combustion engines, cherish electric vehicles” – This is the mantra
- Transportation and Climate Change | Carbon Emissions by Transport TypeTransportation and Climate Change Road transport produces about one fifth of the world’s CO2, the main greenhouse gas