Finishing Operations In Manufacturing
Repressing the sintered component in a die to meet required tolerances.
Repressing the sintered component in a die to increase the density and to give additional strength.
Filling the pores of sintered product with molten metal to improve the physical properties.
Filling of Oil, Grease or other Lubricants in a Sintered components such as Porous Heating
Removing excess material by using cutting tool to imparts specific features such as Threads, Grooves, Undercuts etc, which are not practicable in powder metallurgy process.
Process of Heating & Cooling at a desired rate to improve Grain Structure, Strength & Hardness.
Used for obtaining Resistance to Corrosion or better appearance.
Powder metallurgy is used in the following industries:
Automotive (Brake pads, Gear parts, Connecting rods, Planetary carriers, Sintered Engine Bearings);
Aerospace (Light weight Aluminum base structural materials, High temperature Composite materials);
- Cutting tools (Hard metals, Diamond containing materials);
- Medicine (Dental implants, Surgical instruments);
- Abrasives (Grinding and Polishing wheels and Discs);
Electrical, Electronic and Computer parts (Permanent magnets, Electrical contacts).
- Humorous T-shirts | Funny Quotes Jokes SlogansHumorous T-shirts Men’s designer clothes have some sort of magical ability to transform any man, with any figure, […]
- T Shirt Quotes | Funny T-Shirt | College TeesT Shirt Quotes It is a common practice for different businesses, schools, clubs, bands, groups, camps, and others, […]
- Mechanical Engineering Multiple Choice Questions | Mechanical Objective Questions And Answers PdfMechanical Engineering Multiple Choice Questions 1. Pick up the wrong statement? A refrigent should have a. Low specific […]
- Mechanical Objective Questions | 12 Ultimate Cheat Sheet on Mechanical Engineering Objective TypeMechanical Objective QuestionContents1 Mechanical Objective Question1.1 Mechanical Objective Question 1. The purpose of jigs and fixtures are to1.2 Mechanical […]
- 20 Mechanical Engineering Questions And Answers For Interview Pdf – 2021Mechanical engineering questions and answers for interview pdf has been written for the candidates preparing for the interview […]