Finishing Operations In Manufacturing
Repressing the sintered component in a die to meet required tolerances.
Repressing the sintered component in a die to increase the density and to give additional strength.
Filling the pores of sintered product with molten metal to improve the physical properties.
Filling of Oil, Grease or other Lubricants in a Sintered components such as Porous Heating
Removing excess material by using cutting tool to imparts specific features such as Threads, Grooves, Undercuts etc, which are not practicable in powder metallurgy process.
Process of Heating & Cooling at a desired rate to improve Grain Structure, Strength & Hardness.
Used for obtaining Resistance to Corrosion or better appearance.
Powder metallurgy is used in the following industries:
Automotive (Brake pads, Gear parts, Connecting rods, Planetary carriers, Sintered Engine Bearings);
Aerospace (Light weight Aluminum base structural materials, High temperature Composite materials);
- Cutting tools (Hard metals, Diamond containing materials);
- Medicine (Dental implants, Surgical instruments);
- Abrasives (Grinding and Polishing wheels and Discs);
Electrical, Electronic and Computer parts (Permanent magnets, Electrical contacts).
- Why Is Everyone Talking About Non-Conventional Energy Sources For the Future Energy Crises? | You Will Never Believe These 5 Bizarre Truths Behind Renewable Energy Sources For the Future Energy Crises92 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Non-conventional energy sources for the future energy crises The subject of non-conventional
- Prime Movers | How Are Prime Movers Classified? | 10 Explanation On Why Prime Movers Is So Important.93 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Prime Movers and Different Forms of Energy Resources This article
- Hydropower Plants vs Thermal Power Plants | 5 Things You Need To Know About Hydropower Plants Over Thermal Power Plants90 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Hydro and thermal power Plants: Importance and Related problems Thermal
- How Thermo-flask can keep heat for a longer period of time? Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Vacuum Flask In 10 Simple Steps93 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Thermo-Flask The article demonstrates the scientific explanation behind this thermo-flask
- Why The 1960s Vintage Personal Cars Had Been So Popular Till Now?Do you remember the classic 1960s vintage personal cars? We recall a couple of them, maybe only which we couldn’t help but watch them drive down the road as a Chevy Impala. Of all, the 1960s contributed to the right direction for manufacturers of cars. After all, there isn’t a better era than the 1960s if you are a fan of classic cars (or just cars in specific).