Finishing Operations In Manufacturing
Repressing the sintered component in a die to meet required tolerances.
Repressing the sintered component in a die to increase the density and to give additional strength.
Filling the pores of sintered product with molten metal to improve the physical properties.
Filling of Oil, Grease or other Lubricants in a Sintered components such as Porous Heating
Removing excess material by using cutting tool to imparts specific features such as Threads, Grooves, Undercuts etc, which are not practicable in powder metallurgy process.
Process of Heating & Cooling at a desired rate to improve Grain Structure, Strength & Hardness.
Used for obtaining Resistance to Corrosion or better appearance.
Powder metallurgy is used in the following industries:
Automotive (Brake pads, Gear parts, Connecting rods, Planetary carriers, Sintered Engine Bearings);
Aerospace (Light weight Aluminum base structural materials, High temperature Composite materials);
- Cutting tools (Hard metals, Diamond containing materials);
- Medicine (Dental implants, Surgical instruments);
- Abrasives (Grinding and Polishing wheels and Discs);
Electrical, Electronic and Computer parts (Permanent magnets, Electrical contacts).
- Understanding 3D Printing: A Comprehensive Guide to Its Methods, Materials, and TechnologiesContents1 Does It Matter What You Want to Print?2 Can You Print Anything with a 3D Printer?3 Application…
- How to Choose the Right Solar Panel for Your HomeContents1 Solar Panel2 The Different Types of Solar Panels.2.1 Polycrystalline Solar Panel.2.2 Thin-Film Solar Panel.3 The Different Sizes…
- Chain Drive | Introduction | Definition | Types | Application | How To Properly Tension Chain Drive | Chain Drive vs Belt DriveContents1 Chain Drive – What is it?2 Chain Drive Mechanism3 Engineering applications for chain drives include the following:4…
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc BrakesContents1 Functions of drum brakes2 How The Car Drum Brakes Work3 Drum Brake Components3.1 1. Backing Plate3.2 2.…
- Automobile Air Suspension System, 3 Basic Components, and WorkingContents1 What is an air suspension system? 2 Components of the air suspension system2.1 The air supply2.2 Air…