Finishing Operations In Manufacturing
Repressing the sintered component in a die to meet required tolerances.
Repressing the sintered component in a die to increase the density and to give additional strength.
Filling the pores of sintered product with molten metal to improve the physical properties.
Filling of Oil, Grease or other Lubricants in a Sintered components such as Porous Heating
Removing excess material by using cutting tool to imparts specific features such as Threads, Grooves, Undercuts etc, which are not practicable in powder metallurgy process.
Process of Heating & Cooling at a desired rate to improve Grain Structure, Strength & Hardness.
Used for obtaining Resistance to Corrosion or better appearance.
Powder metallurgy is used in the following industries:
Automotive (Brake pads, Gear parts, Connecting rods, Planetary carriers, Sintered Engine Bearings);
Aerospace (Light weight Aluminum base structural materials, High temperature Composite materials);
- Cutting tools (Hard metals, Diamond containing materials);
- Medicine (Dental implants, Surgical instruments);
- Abrasives (Grinding and Polishing wheels and Discs);
Electrical, Electronic and Computer parts (Permanent magnets, Electrical contacts).
- Aerodynamic Forces | Lift And Drag Forces In Wind Turbine | Pitching Moment19 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Aerodynamic Forces and Moments acting on the Vehicle Body In…
- Vehicle Aerodynamics | Reducing Drag On A CarWhat makes a vehicle aerodynamics? Vehicle Aerodynamics is a potential area to minimize the fuel consumption. Because the…
- Rapid Prototyping Human Interface design | Need For Usable Interface in Rapid PrototypingNeed For Usable Interface in Rapid Prototyping Human Interface Design Typical computer user was an engineer or programmer…
- Rotary Gear Pump | 2 Types of Rotary Gear Pump | Why External Gear Pump Had Been So Popular Till Now? | The Biggest Trends in Internal Gear Pump94 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Rotary Gear Pump Because of their high capacity, long service…
- Rotary Pump | 2 Types Of Positive Displacement Pump | Two Stage Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump93 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO What is a Rotary Pump? Rotary pumps are positive displacement…