Manufacturing Engineering Interview Questions and Answers
If you’re interested in a career in manufacturing engineering, you’ll need to be prepared to answer some tough questions during your interview. In this blog post, we’ll give you a rundown of some of the most common manufacturing engineering interview questions, and provide some advice on how to answer them.
What is OEE?|Manufacturing Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
OEE means Overall Equipment Effectiveness. This terminology is widely used in total productive maintenance, which is used to calculate the effectiveness of machines in manufacturing. Basically, it captures the losses of machines in production and tries to improve defects on machines. The higher the OEE, the more capable the machine is.
In an automobile, power is transmitted from the gearbox to the differential through
- Bevel gears
- Hooke’s joint
- Old ham’s coupling
- Knuckle joint
The leakage of refrigerant from a system is detected by a halide torch. Here flame turns
- Bright green
Why is Involutes Curve used in Gears? | Manufacturing Engineering Interview Questions and Answers
An involute curve is a path traced by a point on a line as the line rolls without slipping on the circumference of a circle. The involute curve has a contact angle between two gears when the tangents of two gears pass through the contact point without friction.
What is bearing stress? | Manufacturing Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
The stress which acts on the contact surface area between two members is known as Bearing stress.” An example of this is the stress between the nut and the washer.
Which is the harder material: cast iron or mild steel?
Cast iron. Due to the excess carbon content of mild steel, it is harder. The more carbon content, the more hardness there will be. But it reduces the weldability due to this hardness. It is brittle too.
What are the materials used for the Sliding Wear pads? | Manufacturing Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
Urethane-Coated Base Material Provides Optimum Sliding Surfaces for Maximum Wearability
Galvanized Steel for Backing on Head and Side Pads
For crane services, we use Velcro Nylon wearing pads.
Compressed air is contained in a cylinder at room temperature. It suddenly started leaking through a hole. The behavior of the gas is
- There is no change in its temperature.
- It gets cooler
- It becomes hotter
- It may get cooler or become hotter depending on the humidity in the air.
- It gets cooler
It is a case of adiabatic expansion. So cooling takes place.
What is the difference between a shaper machine and a planner machine? | Manufacturing Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
In Shaper machine tool has reciprocating motion, and the work piece is clamped on a table that is stationary. It is mostly suitable for light-duty operations. In shaping, a large cutting force is transferred to the tool.
In a planar machine tool, the workpiece is clamped on the table which is a reciprocating motion. It is mostly suitable for heavy-duty operations. In a planner, a large cutting force is transferred to the table.
Discharge of exhaust gases through the chimney will be maximum when
- The chimney is very tall.
- The outside temperature is much lower than the hot gas temperature
- The height of the chimney is equal to half the height of the equivalent column of air.
- When the temperature of exhaust gases is at its lowest,
The height of the chimney is equal to half the height of the equivalent column of air.
How will you calculate the tonnage of the mechanical press? | Manufacturing Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
F = S x L x T divided by 1000.
F = Force in kilos Newton’s
S = shear stress of material in MPa
L = the total length of peripheries being cut/sheared in mm.
T = thickness of material in mm
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System
- Lighting System of a Car | Car Lightings
- Pneumatic Braking System In Automobile | Air Braking System | Construction And Working Of Pneumatic Braking System
- Torsion Bar Suspension System In Automobile | Construction And Working Of Torsion Bar Suspension
- Suspension System of an Automobile | Needs of Suspension System in an Automobile | Broad Classification of suspension system of a vehicle
- Construction and Working of Disk Brakes in an Automobile | Disk Brakes a Type of Mechanical Braking System