Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions For Freshers
Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions are the most comprehensive collection of interview questions. This article contains all the possible MCQs asked in mechanical engineering interviews for freshers. Candidate can prepare for these questions by going through the post.
It is a common practice for companies to ask candidates to solve a math puzzle or a logic puzzle in the initial stages of the technical job interview. You may have also been asked to take personality tests that will help your potential employer measure your personality traits and skills.
Mechanical engineers are responsible for the development, design, and operation of machinery. The role of a mechanical engineer can vary greatly between industries and companies. There are numerous interviews that the aspiring candidates face before getting hired by the companies. Here are some of the most common questions that you might be asked in your interview for mechanical engineering jobs.
1. How do you come to know air is Fully Saturated? | Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
In its Dew point. (100% relative humidity condition).
2. What is the hottest part of refrigerant in the refrigeration System? | Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
Compressor. (Some types of refrigeration system will reach up to 311 deg Celsius.)
3. How to measure Temperature of a Bearing? | Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
Normally the temperature range from 80 degree to 110 degree Celsius. So the following temperature measurement devices are used.
· Dial Type Bearing Temperature Detector
· Stator Winding Temperature Detector
· Resistance Bearing Temperature Detector (Bearing RTD)
· Specialized in Pin type RTD
4. What is the purpose of Geyser Pressure Valve? | Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
To release the pressure created inside due to evaporation of water.
5. What is a Sentinel Relief Valve? | Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
It’s a special type valve system. The valve will open when exhaust casing pressure is excessive (high). The valve warns the operator only; it is not intended to relieve the casing pressure.
6. How is the excess Discharge Pressure prevented? | Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
Discharge pressure prevented by a pressurized spike cushion. Here the system employs a pressurized cushion of air and a two o-ring piston, which permanently separates this air cushion from the water system. When the valve closes and the water flow is suddenly stopped, the pressure spike pushes the piston up the arrester chamber against the pressurized cushion of air. The air cushion in the arrester reacts instantly, absorbing the pressure spike that causes water hammer.
7. What does F.O.F. stand for in Piping design?
Face of Flange.
The F.O.F (Raised face and Flat face) is used to know the accurate dimension of the flange in order to avoid the minute errors in measurement in case of vertical or horizontal pipe lines.
In this article, we have discussed a few tips to crack the interview round. These tips will be very helpful for students who are going to attend a job interview in future or who have already attended one.
The interview is an important step in the hiring process. It allows employers to get to know you, while also allowing you to assess whether or not you really want to work for that particular company. If you’re preparing for a mechanical engineering interview , make sure you brush up on these questions!
The most important thing to keep in mind is that there are no right or wrong answers. As long as you can sound confident and speak with the interviewer, you will be good to go.
Hopefully, these questions will help you prepare for your interview. To learn more about the mechanical engineering field and to view other interview questions, check out our blog.