Molding Tools are the key components of casting and other related molding processes. Some of the tools are explained below.
1. Rawhide mallet | Molding Tools
It is a mallet to loosen the pattern in the mould by striking slightly so that it can be withdrawn without damaging the mould.
2. Gate cutter | Molding Tools
3. Rapping plate (or) Lifting plate | Molding Tools
It is used to facilitate shaking and lifting large pattern from the mold.
4. Spirit level
It is used to check that the sand bed, moulding box or table of moulding machine is horizontal.
Clamps are used to hold the cope and drag of the complete mould together so that the cope may not float or rise when the molten metal is poured into the mould.
6. Gaggers (or) Lifters:
These are iron rods bent at one or both ends. These are used to reinforce the moulding sand in the top portion of the moulding box and for supporting hanging sand.
7. Moulding box:
Sand moulds are prepared in specially constructed boxes called the moulding boxes or flasks. The function and construction of a molding box have already been described.
8. Moulding flasks:
Types of Moulding Flasks are:
- Snap flask
- Tapered slip flask
- Box flask (or) Tight flask
- Wooden flask
- How to Choose the Right Solar Panel for Your Home
- Chain Drive | Introduction | Definition | Types | Application | How To Properly Tension Chain Drive | Chain Drive vs Belt Drive
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc Brakes
- Automobile Air Suspension System, 3 Basic Components, and Working
- Hydraulic Brake System Of An Automobile | Components, Construction, And Working Of Hydraulic Braking System
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System