SHAPES AND STRUCTURES
INTRODUCTION TO SHAPES AND STRUCTURES
Look at the room you are sitting in. You will see a wide variety of shapes that are strong enough to be pulled, squashed, bent, twisted, hit or dropped.
The walls of your room may be made of building blocks, stacked together. Each block has an oblong or rectangular, shape..
Your body has to be made of strong shapes as well. Feel your arms and legs. They are long and round, similar to rods, or cylinders. Now feel your head. It is round in every direction, roughly ball-shaped or a sphere.
A pyramid was the strong shape the ancient Egyptians used to build their famous burial chambers. Cones are strong shapes, too. Look at the sharp ends of needles, for example.
Our world is exciting because the mix of shapes and materials is almost endless. In this blog you will see a wide variety of interesting shapes. Some are made with everyday materials, others with very special materials. Some of the strongest shapes are made by nature, others by the clever skills of engineers.
Strong shapes are all around you, so there is plenty to look out for. Just turn to next blog posts and start your investigations.
- How to Choose the Right Solar Panel for Your Home
- Chain Drive | Introduction | Definition | Types | Application | How To Properly Tension Chain Drive | Chain Drive vs Belt Drive
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc Brakes
- Automobile Air Suspension System, 3 Basic Components, and Working
- Hydraulic Brake System Of An Automobile | Components, Construction, And Working Of Hydraulic Braking System
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System