SOLIDWORKS COSMOS Works provides simple, accurate design analysis that leads to better products by giving designers a safety net for catching errors. Designers are free to innovate, secure in the knowledge that they won’t pass costly mistakes down the line.
SOLIDWORKS COSMOS Analysis:
Plastics Application in SolidWorks Cosmos:
Household appliances, medical devices, electrical fittings among others incorporate numerous plastic product designs that need critical design validation to meet functional requirements. COSMOS finds extensive use in validating plastic product designs for functional efficiency and optimal usage of materials.
Capabilities of COSMOS include:
Snap-fit simulation for stresses and deflections
Limit load analysis of critical load bearing components
Strength calculations of reinforced plastics
Kinematic analysis of actuation systems and mechanisms
Optimization of designs for least cost and weight
Elastomers such as rubber require special treatment due to material nonlinear behavior, COSMOS provides a rich set of resources for accurately modeling real-world problems involving high geometric and material nonlinearities. Applications of COSMOS in non-linear domain are wide ranging.
Some of the functionalities include:
Seal behavior subjected to pre-stress due to assembly and operational loading
Inflation of tyres with steel / Nylon chord reinforcements
Assembly and operational strains in boots, bellows, gaskets, door-seals, bushings, mounts and other visco-elastic materials
On-road condition simulation of wheel-tyre assembly, for contact patch calculations and wheel radial fatigue life
Contact Stress analysis of seals subjected to pressure, temperature and frictional effects
Metal Forming Applications:
COSMOS enables users to simulate elasto-plastic deformations of metals subjected to contact and large strains, within the realm of implicit integration.
Some of the applications include:
Forging of cylindrical billets
Sheet-metal drawing of simple geometries
Roll forming of metal sections
- Chain Drive | Introduction | Definition | Types | Application | How To Properly Tension Chain Drive | Chain Drive vs Belt Drive
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc Brakes
- Automobile Air Suspension System, 3 Basic Components, and Working
- Hydraulic Brake System Of An Automobile | Components, Construction, And Working Of Hydraulic Braking System
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System
- Lighting System of a Car | Car Lightings