The Power Of Foot Steps Into Energy
A team of college students came together to design a new traffic intersection that transforms the power of footsteps into energy. The theories behind piezoelectricity, or the conversion of movements and vibrations into electricity, have existed for over 100 years. Very few applications of piezoelectricity exist in this modern age. Upon researching this technology, they immediately realized a multitude of different avenues one could take to utilize it.
Piezoelectric plates are placed under the cross-walk so that vibrations and pressure fluctuations caused by cars and pedestrians can be converted into electricity. The electricity is piped to power street lamps, traffic signals, cameras and other electronic devices located in the vicinity. What an awesome idea for busy metropolises.
Applications of the power of foot steps into energy
- Chain Drive | Introduction | Definition | Types | Application | How To Properly Tension Chain Drive | Chain Drive vs Belt Drive
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc Brakes
- Automobile Air Suspension System, 3 Basic Components, and Working
- Hydraulic Brake System Of An Automobile | Components, Construction, And Working Of Hydraulic Braking System
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System
- Lighting System of a Car | Car Lightings