Turbocharged Direct Injection
Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) diesel engines are responsive and fun to drive, as well as very efficient. They offer more power and great fuel economy, which all help lower emissions.
Why drive a TDI?
You’ll enjoy the savings. Economical fuel consumption, long service and maintenance intervals, plus low emissions, all combine to keep costs low.
You’ll love the drive. Our turbo diesel engines offer exceptional torque even at low revs. This results in tremendous fun at the wheel, thanks to their effortless acceleration and sparkling performance.
You’ll feel the power. High levels of pulling power over a wide rev range offer real driving pleasure.
TDI identifies all our advanced diesel engines using direct injection and a turbocharger. TDI engines are economical and smooth with high levels of torque (pulling power) and good energy efficiency.
Turbocharged Direct Injection How does it work?
Fuel needs oxygen to burn and the engine has to be supplied with huge quantities of air to get enough. You can solve this problem with a bigger engine – or you can solve it with a turbocharger, as in the TDI. Driven by exhaust gases, it squeezes air more tightly into the cylinders.
After being drawn through the turbocharger the air is then cooled by passing it through an air-to-air intercooler (cool air takes up less space than hot air), before entering the combustion chamber where diesel is injected directly into the cylinders at very high pressure through a nozzle. It’s this intensive mixing of highly atomized fuel with the cooled compressed air that leads to better, more efficient combustion.
Your driving experience is quiet and refined because effective sound insulation keeps noise to a minimum, while hydraulic engine mounts ensure smooth, low-vibration running.
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System
- Lighting System of a Car | Car Lightings
- Pneumatic Braking System In Automobile | Air Braking System | Construction And Working Of Pneumatic Braking System
- Torsion Bar Suspension System In Automobile | Construction And Working Of Torsion Bar Suspension
- Suspension System of an Automobile | Needs of Suspension System in an Automobile | Broad Classification of suspension system of a vehicle
- Construction and Working of Disk Brakes in an Automobile | Disk Brakes a Type of Mechanical Braking System
I want to explantion about tdi engine working full report please help me?