Turbocharged Stratified Injection
Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) technology offers you great performance with fuel economy and low emissions.
TSI engines offer an enjoyable and involving drive, while cutting fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Because TSI engines are cleaner, you’ll also save on car tax. So they have a smaller impact on the environment, are kinder to your pocket – and, best of all, they’re great fun to drive.
What is Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI)?
TSI is our pioneering technology for petrol engines. TSI engines are compact, high-powered, and use less fuel. TSI technology blends the best of our TDI diesel and FSI (Fuel Stratified Injection) engines.
The successful Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) formula combines a number of different elements:
At the heart of TSI is a smaller engine. It’s more efficient, as there is less power loss resulting from friction. It’s also lighter, so the engine has less weight to shift in the car.
Direct petrol injection with charging
Direct petrol injection is combined with a turbocharger or charge compression with a turbo and a supercharger working in tandem. This enhances the engine’s combustion efficiency, so the TSI engine power output is much higher than that of conventional, naturally aspirated engines.
Torque when you want it.
On the TSI T1.4 160PS, the engine-driven supercharger operates at lower revs, with the turbocharger – powered by the exhaust gases – joining in as engine speed rises. The supercharger is powered via a belt drive directly from the crankshaft. This provides maximum pulling power on demand, even at very low engine speeds. TSI engines are designed to deliver maximum torque from engine speeds as low as 1500 or 1750 rpm. And that has the twin benefit of not only increasing your driving pleasure but also cutting fuel consumption.
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System
- Lighting System of a Car | Car Lightings
- Pneumatic Braking System In Automobile | Air Braking System | Construction And Working Of Pneumatic Braking System
- Torsion Bar Suspension System In Automobile | Construction And Working Of Torsion Bar Suspension
- Suspension System of an Automobile | Needs of Suspension System in an Automobile | Broad Classification of suspension system of a vehicle
- Construction and Working of Disk Brakes in an Automobile | Disk Brakes a Type of Mechanical Braking System
Pingback: Que tipo de mobilidade queremos no futuro? – Tempo.com - noticiasdoblog.com.br