Why is XRD Important?
It’s useful for studying Crystal structure
This method have the details about
- Grain size (or) Crystal size
- Orientation of the crystal
- Cold worked, Distorted and Internally stressed crystals
- Preferred orientation etc
Methods of Examining and Measuring the condition of Crystal Structure
- The Laue back reflection method
- The Rotating Crystal method
- The DeBye- Scherrer (or) Powder method:
The Laue back Reflection method:
It’s applicable to single crystals (or) poly-Crystalline masses.
When a beam of Mono chromatic (i.e. of Single Wavelength) X-Ray is directed as a narrow pencil at a specimen of a metal diffraction takes place at certain of the crystallographic planes.
The Rotating Crystal method:
It’s a useful method for determining angles and positions of planes.
Crystallographic planes are brought in to reflecting positions by rotating a crystal (Specimen) about one of it’s axis while simultaneously radially it with a beam of mono chromatic x-Rays.
If crystal orientation planes are known, the angles and directions can be calculated.
The DeBye- Scherrer (or) Powder method:
The narrow pencil of monochromatic X-Rays is diffracted from the powder and recorded by the photographic film as a series of lines of varying armature.
By the Bragg Equation:
λ– Wave length of X-ray
d- Spacing of the atomic planes
θ – Angle of reflection
- Why Is Everyone Talking About Non-Conventional Energy Sources For the Future Energy Crises? | You Will Never Believe These 5 Bizarre Truths Behind Renewable Energy Sources For the Future Energy Crises90 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Non-conventional energy sources for the future energy crises The subject of non-conventional energy sources will be discussed in this post. Energy is the top priority throughout the world. This is mainly because nations rely primarily on fossil fuel energy sources, whose resources are depleted because of overuse. The other common
- Prime Movers | How Are Prime Movers Classified? | 10 Explanation On Why Prime Movers Is So Important.91 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Prime Movers and Different Forms of Energy Resources This article provides the fundamental details of the different types of prime movers used to produce mechanical energy in our daily lives. The different energy sources used by primary movers are also included. Introduction to Prime Mover Prime Mover
- Hydropower Plants vs Thermal Power Plants | 5 Things You Need To Know About Hydropower Plants Over Thermal Power Plants90 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Hydro and thermal power Plants: Importance and Related problems Thermal power stations and hydropower plants project mainly address the current world’s energy needs. This article discusses the functioning of thermal power and hydropower plants. It also examines the problems of these two power plant types. The progress
- How Thermo-flask can keep heat for a longer period of time? Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Vacuum Flask In 10 Simple Steps93 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO Thermo-Flask The article demonstrates the scientific explanation behind this thermo-flask bottle. Three different modes of heat transfer such as conduction, conviction and radiation transfer. For users’ interest, the best use of thermo flasks is also incorporated. Today the thermo-flask bottle (Vacuum flask or thermos or Dewar flask, Dewar Bottle)
- Why The 1960s Vintage Personal Cars Had Been So Popular Till Now?Do you remember the classic 1960s vintage personal cars? We recall a couple of them, maybe only which we couldn’t help but watch them drive down the road as a Chevy Impala. Of all, the 1960s contributed to the right direction for manufacturers of cars. After all, there isn’t a better era than the 1960s if you are a fan of classic cars (or just cars in specific).