Why is XRD Important?
It’s useful for studying Crystal structure
This method have the details about
Grain size (or) Crystal size
Orientation of the crystal
Cold worked, Distorted and Internally stressed crystals
Preferred orientation etc
Methods of Examining and Measuring the condition of Crystal Structure
The Laue back reflection method
The Rotating Crystal method
The DeBye- Scherrer (or) Powder method:
The Laue back Reflection method:
It’s applicable to single crystals (or) poly-Crystalline masses.
When a beam of Mono chromatic (i.e. of Single Wavelength) X-Ray is directed as a narrow pencil at a specimen of a metal diffraction takes place at certain of the crystallographic planes.
The Rotating Crystal method:
It’s a useful method for determining angles and positions of planes.
Crystallographic planes are brought in to reflecting positions by rotating a crystal (Specimen) about one of it’s axis while simultaneously radially it with a beam of mono chromatic x-Rays.
If crystal orientation planes are known, the angles and directions can be calculated.
The DeBye- Scherrer (or) Powder method:
The narrow pencil of monochromatic X-Rays is diffracted from the powder and recorded by the photographic film as a series of lines of varying armature.
By the Bragg Equation:
λ– Wave length of X-ray
d- Spacing of the atomic planes
θ – Angle of reflection
- From Phillips to Torx: Exploring the World of Screwdriver TypesFrom Phillips to Torx: Exploring the World of Screwdriver Types delves into the history and evolution of screwdrivers, from the earliest hand-cranked models to the modern electric versions. The book also examines the different types of screw heads and the corresponding screwdrivers needed to work with them.
- Understanding 3D Printing: A Comprehensive Guide to Its Methods, Materials, and TechnologiesContents The revolutionary nature of 3D printing has revolutionized product development and manufacturing processes. A 3D printer can manufacture a wide range of objects, from simple toys and trinkets to complex medical gadgets and automobile components, with incredible accuracy and detail. Does It Matter What You Want to Print? The capabilities of 3D printers have…
- How to Choose the Right Solar Panel for Your HomeContents Solar Panel Are you considering solar panel for your home but don’t know where to start? With so many different types, sizes, and prices of solar panels on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one for your needs. In this blog post, we’ll help you understand the different types of…
- Chain Drive | Introduction | Definition | Types | Application | How To Properly Tension Chain Drive | Chain Drive vs Belt DriveContents Chain drive and their different types will be discussed in this article. They are an important component of several types of machinery, and they may be used for purposes other than power transmission; however, more on that later. Let’s get this ready to have fun. Motors and turbines in industrial facilities utilize energy to…
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc BrakesContents Drum brakes have been used on Maybach vehicles since 1900, though Louis Renault didn’t patent the invention until 1902. The friction is caused by a set of shoes or pads pushed outward against a rotating cylinder-shaped piece known as the drum brakes. On the other hand, Drum brakes are prone to heat build-up, which…
- Drum Brakes Adjustment Tool | Hydraulic Drum Brakes | Drum Brakes Working | Drum Brakes vs Disc Brakes
- Drum Brakes a Type of Mechanical Brake | Construction and Working of a Drum Brake System
- Lighting System of a Car | Car Lightings
- Pneumatic Braking System In Automobile | Air Braking System | Construction And Working Of Pneumatic Braking System
- Mastering the Torsion Bar Suspension System In Cars: Everything You Need To Know
- Suspension System of an Automobile | Needs of Suspension System in an Automobile | Broad Classification of suspension system of a vehicle